Social Media Conversation Starters
I hear so many people (especially those new to Social Media) say they are stuck at what to post on Social Media. I’m not going into strategy in this post – I’ll save that for another. This is just a quickfire list where you can copy/paste or tweak to suit your audience for those times where you just have no clue what to put.
What to post on Social Media
I’ve written these with Facebook in mind but you can totally adapt them for other channels. Try adding an image, a link to a relevant blog post or just post it as is.
- What is one book you think everyone should read?
- What is your favourite way to unwind?
- If you could give yourself any gift right now – what would it be?
- What is the best event you have been to?
- What are your goals this week/month/year?
- Are you on Twitter/Instagram? Leave your handle below
- What are some of your favourite blogs or websites?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What things make you happy?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What would you like to see more of on this page?
- If you could interview one person, who would it be?
- Name 3 things you couldn’t live without
- What is #1 on your to-do list today?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your favourite song of all time?
- Who is one of your role models in life?
- What TV series are you loving right now?
- What would you tell your 16 year old self?
- If you could make one change or difference in the world – what would it be?
So there are a few things ready to copy and paste to give you a head start. Some other ideas of what to post on social media are:
- Share your thoughts on a recent news story
- Quotes can be great things to post
- Sharing a great blog post that is relevant to your audience
- Share some quick tips related to your field
- Post and inspiring picture (remember to credit the creator if it’s not yours)
- Funny pictures can also be great to share every now and again
- Fill in the blank posts – “If I won £1million I would ______”
- Share some behind the scenes photos of your business
- Share some statistics or data relevant to your industry
- Share great videos or podcasts you have come across
I hope that has given some inspiration for your Social Media posts.
Let me know in the comments what posts seem to work really well for you.
P.S. Make sure you have signed up to our newsletter and follow us over on all our social media channels. All the links to our social media channel can be found on the top right of the blog.