Pinterest – Are You Sharing Your Business There?
Pinterest is an awesome social media channel and did you know 80% of Pinterest users are female? * And that’s why we love Pinterest!
Boards, Pins, Likes and Followers and hours of reading and laughing! Pinterest was founded in 2010 and offers users a real visual story as it is based on pinning images rather than text based content. It is a virtual pin board where you can share all the things you love in one place. And it is great for creating a vision board. With millions of new “pins” each week, it is a great social media platform to get creative with. If you have a business that is very “visual” you can drive a huge amount of traffic to your website.
As a business, you can display your products, share blogs, create awareness and, of course, build a community of followers who love what you do. It is fun, looks great and really helps share your story – just be warned, it can be a huge time vacuum like most social media channels – so if you are going to use it, make sure it is right for your business and plan how you use it.
My top 5 tips on using Pinterest might help:
- produce visual content and pin strategically
- be mindful of copyright and if you are sharing others pins, acknowledge other Pinterest users
- plan your pinning for your business (every business is different)
- measure if your pins are working via your Google analytics
- add your website address to your pins so if they are shared, you always have your mark on your images
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest – happy pinning! Feel free to share your Pinterest stories below.
Live, love and laugh
* source Digital Marketing Ramblings