Jess’ Personal Blog March 2016
So it’s the end of the first quarter of 2016. Time for my monthly blog to reflect on March and set some goals for April.
Jess Personal Blog March 2016
March has been a mixed month. The first half I was super productive and this last week not so much. I’ve mentioned before my Mum has my daughter Guinevere on a Friday so I can get a day of work done. I don’t have any other childcare so I fit it in during naptimes and those 5-10 minutes here and there. My Mum was ill last week which meant my Friday of work didn’t happen and actually this Friday and Next Friday she is away so these next 2 weeks are going to be trying to do as much as I’m able to. I’m not going to stress about it. My first priority is as a stay at home Mum and having fun with my daughter. Anything I manage to get done work wise is a bonus.
We had a lovely Easter Bank holiday. It’s always nice to have Phil at home with us. On the Friday we had a family day out and picnic at Hatton Country World which was fun. Little Miss G is now walking so it makes days out much more fun!
It’s my birthday this weekend (and Janine’s the day after) so we are planning to have a day out somewhere – weather depending.
I also finally finished my vision board. Better late than never! I love having a vision board. My 2015 board actually had a lot of things that manifested. including the new car! Also spookily I cut out a picture of a white cottage by the sea – it was to represent our family holiday. Then when we were on our family holiday – I was stood in front of that house! We didn’t stay there but very nearby! I had no clue where the picture was when I cut it out!
Here is my 2016 vision board. I plan on writing about it on my personal blog with a bit more detail around some of the goals and things I want to make happen.
So first off lets look at my goals for last March and how I’ve done.
- Finish my vision board – yes. See above.
- Retreat research – solo and for FBH – Yes. I’ve been bookmarking some places.
- Update and re-write all content on FBH – Yes we’ve been busy!
- Date night with Phil – we went to the cinema to see 10 Cloverfield Lane – had about 20 heart attacks! So jumpy but I liked it.
- Film Guinevere’s 1 year update video for my YouTube channel – to be honest I’ve left this one too late so I’m removing it from the list. Next one will be her 18 month update.
- 2 posts on my blog – no……. slacking on this!
So now onto my goals for April.
- Update our FBH 2016 marketing calendar for 2016
- Create our FBH affiliate strategy
- Exercise at least 3 times a week
- Track all food and stick to calories in My Fitness Pal
- Update our family budget and sort our finance folder out
- Clear out and sort my wardrobe. I’ve just downloaded The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo (affiliate link) which I’ve heard great reviews on. I plan to read it and start with my wardrobe.
- Snapchat more – I’m a big fan of snapchat and follow a few great entrepreneurs and #bossmums. It’s a platform I’m really into – blog post coming soon. If you are on snapchat you can follow me @jessgreen84. To give you an idea of how I use Snapchat you can see my snapchat story showing a glimpse into a typical day for me as a work at home Mum (some parts somehow got messed up during the upload to YouTube so sorry about that).
What are some of your goals for April? Have you got a vision board for 2016?
P.S. Make sure you have signed up to our newsletter and follow us over on all our social media channels. All the links to our social media channel can be found on the top right of the blog.
This post contains affiliate link(s). We only recommend products and services that we truly love. We receive money to go towards our wine fund but not usually enough to buy a unicorn.